About 3 times a week we had one-hour sessions in the athletic facility’s “Innovation Center”, colloquially known as the Vision Lab. In addition to working on our hand-eye-brain-body coordination in the vision lab with our vision coach, Grant, we also had on-field vision training once a week. The science behind training in the vision lab tells us that the brain and decision making centers of our body work just like any other muscle – if you train then they will become stronger, faster, and better.
Features coming soon
‣ A more detailed description and explanation of the Vision Lab
‣ Exercises we did for “eye warm-ups” than anyone can do in 5 minutes
‣ In-depth information about each “station” in the lab and all variations we did with each exercise
‣ More photos
‣ Videos of refs in the vision lab
‣ Documents for in-home vision training such as charts to print out
Objectives, what this means for YOU
‣ Here you will find resources for your own vision and decision making training
‣ The resources and training methods we learned about in the vision lab were all catered specifically to rugby referees
‣ Fast decision making and the being able to physically react properly to stresses and decisions is essential for referees
‣ This was one of the most unique and fun parts of the academy and I’m excited to show you!