It’s time to say my last goodbye to the fall season as ~winter~ is officially here and the days are getting longer!
The fall 2014 season was a whirlwind of adventure. I’ve been thinking of writing a “fall wrap-up” for quite some time, but keep delaying because summarizing the entire season is an intimidating task. A lot has happened since August and I feel like a simple blog post won’t do it justice. Nevertheless, here are some highlights from my 2nd fall season reffing!
- Item acquired: GoPro Hero 3
- Item equipped: GoPro headcam
- Quests completed:
- Reffed over 30 games
- Reffed in 3 states
- Reffed preseason camps, practices, league matches, and playoff games
- Reffed womens’ and mens’ college and club teams
- Trained with local ruggers, refs, and friends 4x/week
- Survived a weekend of 6 games
- AR’d 3 Men’s D1 club matches
- Did not perish of dehydration
- Did not perish from frostbite in November
- Recovered from the worst game of my career (lowlight)
- Side quests:
- Attended 2 weekend weddings in California and DC
- Squeezed in a visit to NY
- Began exploring new and unfamiliar lands of entrepreneurial rugby adventures (projectrugby.tv)
- Leveled up: promoted to C1 in November
- Gear upgrades:
- New boots, feet durability +10
- Cleaner whistles
Looking forward, I see a long road ahead. Even though the endgame is far away and the path to it is not always easy to find, my objective is crystal clear: Olympics 2020. With that dream mind, I pulled out my pen and paper in November and did some goal-setting and road mapping for this winter. That’s coming in the next update so please stay tuned!