Last weekend I went to the 2017 National Development Summit (NDS) in Baltimore, MD. I learned a TON and am excited to share my notes! I approached the 3 days ready to soak it all up with an open-mind and tried to look at things through a critical ref lens, challenging myself to think about how lessons and tools could benefit everyone and translate across different disciplines.
These are the sessions I participated in:
- Richie Walker & Ryan Carlyle, HP Friday
- Deliberate Practice and Active Training for Refs, Kurt Weaver
- Principle of Refereeing: the Tactical & Strategic Approach, Richard Every
- SA Refs Academy and Coaching Philosophy, Hendrik Greyvenstein
- Pathways for Refs & the New Review System, Marc Nelson & Richard Every
- The Breakdown: Trends & Triggers, Riaan van Greuning
- Diversity Panel with Jason Thompson and Rosalind Chou
- Diversity in Sport: Bridging the Gap in Rugby, Chuck Aoki
- Open Q&A with Richie Walker, Ryan Carlyle, and Alev Kelter
- 7s and 15s Game Management Guidelines, Richard Every
- Technology in Refereeing, Marc Nelson
See my notes after the jump!